Tuesday, September 22, 2009

" My Insecurity " By: Tariq G

" My Insecurity "


This girl is not for me
And I am too insecure to see
My insecurity is what keeps me secure
From a hurt with no cure
A feeling so obscure
I long to love her no more

Before we got together there was much to discuss
You knew I had a problem with trust, so hush 
I don’t want to lie and tell you you’re my only one
And another girl is carrying my son 
Not only will I feel dumb, I don’t need it
And I’ll have to explain why I cheated

Why I left the green pasture for the dirty weed
Why the other side of the fence looked so green
Why I cut down a tree to plant a seed
I don’t know myself; it’s still hard to believe



Is there a me without you?



Is it worth texting another girl that I don’t want to see?
I wouldn’t be cheating on you
I’d be cheating me 
Now I know that

This girl is not for me 
I am too insecure
She is my insecurity that keeps me secure
From the hurt with no cure
A feeling so obscure
I long to love her no more




Tariq G
http://twitter.com/FOLLOWTQ